TRC Scholarships and Awards
We offer a range of scholarships and bursaries to support your needs at Trinity Residential College.
Download our New Resident Scholarships & Awards form for more information and application details.
Scholarships and Awards
Financial support at TRC encompasses excellence in academic, leadership, sport, creative arts and community engagement; from $3,000 to $10,000 per award.
Types of Scholarship for New Residents
There is a range of financial support available to new residents; the majority are available for residents studying at any WA university and are for both local and international students.
Trinity THRIVE Scholarships of $10,000 for University of Western Australia students. Multiple Scholarships are available.
- Fogarty Scholars (only applicable to local residents)
- Winthrop Scholars (only applicable to local residents)
- Bachelor of Philosophy students (applicable to both local and international residents)
Trinity THRIVE Fellowships of between $5,000 and $10,000 for exceptional students in difficult circumstances enrolled at any WA university. Multiple Fellowships are available and applicable to both local and international residents.
- Have a demonstrated record of commitment to their academic studies
- Have achieved excellence or elite performance in one or more of the following areas: academic, leadership, music, sport, creative arts or civic engagement and contribution
- As well as the above, applicants for a Fellowship must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Have experienced specific hardship, disadvantage or circumstance that is likely to be a significant barrier to their university aspirations
- Are first-generation their families to be enrolled at university
- Come from an educational, cultural or geographic background that is underrepresented in undergraduate or graduate study, in their discipline, at their university
Ada Purnell Scholarships of $3,000 or $5,000 for new residents with an ATAR (or equivalent) of 97.0 or greater. Multiple Scholarships are available and applicable to both local and international new residents who are beginning their full-time, first year studies at any WA university.
William Ellis Scholarship of $2,000 for the best academic student from a Uniting Church school in Australia. Applicable only to local residents. This scholarship may be awarded in conjunction with other Trinity Fellowships and Scholarships.
Mckenna Memorial Scholarship of $2,000 for the best academic student from a school in rural Western Australia. Applicable only to local residents. This scholarship may be awarded in conjunction with other Trinity Fellowships and Scholarships.
Trinity Awards of up to $4,000 for new residents with a demonstrated commitment to both academic achievement and community engagement. Multiple Awards are available and applicable to full-time local and international students at any WA university.
TRC also has a program of Exchange Bursaries for residents who are interested in going on exchange at one of our partner universities. These Bursaries are available for residents considering exchange in their fourth semester of study or later.
Scholarships for Returning Residents
Scholarships of up to $2,500 each are awarded to returning residents in recognition of academic progress, leadership in College life and contribution to the wider community.
Multiple scholarships are awarded annually for each academic year, as well as for postgraduate studies.